30 January 2010

asserhole casserole

Instead of reading chapter 8 of my Managers and the Legal Environment text book (Sales, Licensing, and E-Commerce), I have decided to sleep, watch You Tube videos, watch the Senior Bowl, and publish the result of an on-going discussion I have been having at work for the last few weeks.  This stated with a question of the definition of salad.

I am unsatisfied with the large variety of things that can be called salad.  Potato salad, taco salad, etc.

Anyway, somehow our attention turned to casseroles.  After many discussions, we feel that we have a pretty solid method of determining whether a given dish is a casserole.  So there you have it.  I claim to be many things, however, a culinary expert is not one...so let me know if you think I have made a mistake.  Then I will argue with you.  Tom out.


5 comments:

  1. Interesting that Wickipedia directly links casserole with the "dutch oven." Both are apparently quintessentialy Scandanavian, and most popular in Minnesota and the Dakotas - just a stone's throw from Wisconsin. I am now able to flow chart my husband's geneological, gastroentestinal and nocturnal rituals. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never considered how strict the designation of a casserole could be. I figured you threw shit in a dish, stirred it up, baked it and called it casserole. Thanks for enlightening me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I really do not care if it is "casserole" or not. As long is it tastes good and does not give me gas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotness. I am partial to "stew", but this is helpful. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: I have found that everything can be explained via flow chart or decision tree. Everything.

    Kyle: I think that is what people do...but I think they may be mislabeling things. And we can't have that when speaking of such important things.

    Pops: You do care...please tell me you care.

    CB: Stew and salad are sub categories to this, because some of the dishes determined to be "not a casserole" will be salads or stews, but those have stipulations as well.

    ReplyDelete