13 November 2009

Take your white wig off.

The following is based on facts of my own life. The details have been generalized to protect my own shortcomings.

You are cruising in the left most lane down the Interstate at approximately 4-6 mph over the posted speed limit. You come up on one of those Lexus SUVs obeying the speed limit, and audibly bitch about how this is the 'fast lane'. When you finally get to pass this hag, you look over to see a woman on her cell phone.

What are your thoughts?

Mine, are that I really would like to get home, and the Boise version of 'Desperate Housewives' is taking her sweet ass time to get home, and in the meantime, costing me precious seconds at home. But is that fair to the hag in the Lexus? All joking aside, I often have to slow my frustration fueled mind to realize that I have no idea who that woman is talking to and what is happening in her life

True. She could be talking to her BFF about cheating on her husband and scrap booking. But, she could also be on the phone with her family doctor talking about her son that is in surgery right now. It seems that I have learned that I don't know know what its like to sit in another person's driver's seat. It is easy to assume sometimes, but really, I don't know. I know my driver's seat feels like and I know what the view from that seat is. But I have no idea what anyone else's seat feels like.

At this point, you should realize that I am retelling a couple of old life lessons put together. The recipe is two cups of 'Don't judge a book by its cover' and a pinch of something about walking in someone else's shoes. My version...don't think you understand someone's view until your ass is in his/her driver's seat.That is my view of what is behind me, and I can only imagine what people were thinking as I swerved all over the Interstate trying to take a picture through my side mirror. What they don't realize is that if I don't write this blog, my entire family will be stoned to death. See?...see how easy it is assume things without knowing the whole situation?

The point is, people need to take their white wigs off, and stop judging. Also, I bought a pipe and an Idaho Lottery Raffle Ticket at the Big Smoke on Broadway the other day. Also, I have a Snuggie. Also, here is a picture of me at work rocking a Snuggie and working a pipe. Cheers and I appreciate your support. WAR Financial responsibility, pipes, and A HUGE BOISE STATE WIN TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment